Paxtonia Baseball Fields
WHEN: May 2nd
- Home Run Derby (11 – 14 year olds) 12:00 – 1:30
- Pitch, Hit and Run ( 9 – 12 year olds) 2:00 – 3:30
- Pitch, Hit and Run ( 7 – 8 year olds) 4:00 – 5:30
Pitch, Hit and Run Fact Sheet
- Players should arrive at the event with a bat (any bat permitted), spikes and a glove.
- During the hitting competition, in the interest of fairness, all players will line their bats against the fence. Each participant is then welcome to use any bat they want for the competition.
- The hitting competition consists of a player hitting 3 balls, off a batting tee. The distance is measured and then how far the ball lands from the measuring tape is deducted from the distance.
- During the pitching portion of the event, each player will get 6 pitches and attempt to hit the “Strike Zone” target as many times they can. Players will pitch from the age-appropriate distance. Softball players ages 7-10 will pitch an 11” ball and 11-14 will pitch with a 12” ball. All baseball participants will pitch with a standard baseball.
- The “Run” portion of the competition will consist of each player getting (2) attempts to run from 2nd to home plate as fast as they can. Players must touch 3rd base. Time starts on the starters command and time ends when their foot touches home plate.
- The player with the top overall combined score will advance to the next round of competition. Scoring in each event is based off distance in hitting, time in the run portion and number of times a player hits the strike zone in the pitching competition.
Players must register at the registration table upon arrival. Each player will receive a scorecard that they must carry with them to each event area so the official can document their score. All scorecards must then be returned to the registration table upon completion of all 3 competitions.
Any questions regarding the event, please contact Mike Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org